Crypto adoption is around the march in South america – in which the government has basically incentivized mining by waiving tax duty on mining rig imports.
After a significant property developer revealed that it’ll begin accepting bitcoin (BTC) purchase new apartments (see below), the Brazilian media outlet Exame listed nine “major” domestic businesses that have searched for to go in the field of crypto – as increasing numbers of Brazilians and firms in america turn to enter a Web 3-powered future.
But so quick may be the speed of adoption in america that whilst creating this short article, another major player announced it might begin its very own crypto journey, boosting their email list to 10!
- 99 — The Exame list starts with a tech unicorn – taxis and vehicle hire application which was founded in São Paulo and today serves some 300 Brazilian towns and metropolitan areas. Although you purchased it , through the Chinese vehicle hire giant Didi Chuxing (also referred to as DiDi) in 2017, its 99 Pay e-pay platform lately revealed that it’s searching to provide BTC and altcoin-related financial services.
- BTG Pactual — South america (and Latin America’s) largest investment bank launched Mynt – a crypto buying and selling platform – in 2019 coupled with formerly brought the area with a variety of crypto-themed exchange-traded funds (ETFs).
- Empiricus — This financial publishing company has had the “head-first dive” into crypto – and today lists crypto among its three greatest business avenues. It operates a crypto ETF and it has also invested a number of its equity inside a crypto fund run by the domestic firm Vitreo.
- Even — This firm may be the OG of crypto property in South america and due to an offer using the domestic exchange Mercado Bitcoin has offered some USD 210,000 price of property in crypto. It accepts BTC and ethereum (ETH) for all those qualities it sells.
- Gafisa — As formerly reported, Gafisa – another property giant – is really a newcomer to crypto, but continues to be eyeing the sphere for more than a year. It’ll present an initial 437 apartments for purchase via BTC pay – but will probably follow Even’s lead and permit all people to pay in crypto for real estate it develops. The firm has partnered using the crypto exchange Foxbit around the project.
- Havaianas — The footwear giant started its crypto journey having a non-fungible token (NFT) project: The organization partnered using the digital designer Adhemas Batista to have an NFT purchase in 2021.
- Reserva — Another fashion behemoth which has taken the NFT route recently, Reserva “earned exactly the same sum in general month of sales in the physical stores” using its newest drop – using its NFTs selling in just 50 minutes. The organization also started accepting BTC pay in 2018.
- Nubank — Also as reported by Cryptonews.com, this up-and-coming neobank has lately begun offering its customers buying and selling use of a select quantity of cryptoassets – having a view to enabling a complete rollout to any or all of their customers soon. Nubank may also proceed to invest 1% of their equity inside a BTC purchase via its holding company Nu Holdings.
- Méliuz — This can be a loyalty and cash back program provider which has taken a far more indirect route in to the crypto world – by snapping up Acesso Bank, the lending company that performs crypto exchange Binance-related transactions in South america.
- São Paulo FC — Among the greatest clubs in world football, this sporting powerhouse made history now by becoming the very first Brazilian team to simply accept crypto purchase match tickets at its legendary Morumbi Stadium. Inside a separate report, Exame noted that São Paulo would now accept BTC and “other cryptoassets” following a cope with the crypto exchange Bitso, also is among the club’s sponsors. The club need a variety of exotic tokens – such as the memecoins dogecoin (DOGE) and shiba inu (SHIB). Initially, only fan club people can use crypto pay options, but this would soon be expanded to general sales, the press outlet described.
Exame also noticed that smaller sized firms will also be very mixed up in crypto space. It made reference to startups together with a cannabis firm, a maker of absorbent under garments, but another property firm – the second being now carrying out a slice of its business within the metaverse on Decentraland.
The press outlet further noted that the recent survey through the wallet provider CoinsPaid within the South America region demonstrated that customers possess a “positive” attitude to firms that accept crypto as a kind of payment.
Find out more:
– South america in Bitcoin Adoption Drive: Blockchain.com’s Expansion, Miners’ Tax Break, Property Firm’s BTC Choice
– Brazil’s Greatest Neobank Makes Bitcoin Investment & Will Let Customers Buy BTC, Ethereum
– Brazilian Parliament At risk of Key Election on Crypto Regulation Bill
– Crypto Bills in Panama, South america Progressing Fast, but Argentina Province Transmits Mining Warning
– Rio’s Treasury Reserves to make from 1% Crypto, City May Enable BTC Tax Payments
– Coinbase Ends Brazilian M&A Talks
– Latin American MPs Widen Overton Window For Bitcoin