Bitcoin & Gold ETP, Decentralized Autonomous Billions, Bybit’s Options + More News

Source: Adobe/EwaStudio


Get the daily, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related news – investigating the tales flying individually distinct of today’s crypto news.


Investments news

  • Exchange-traded note (ETN) issuer 21Shares is partnering with asset manager ByteTree Asset Management to produce a combined bitcoin (BTC) and gold exchange-traded product (ETP) known as the 21Shares ByteTree BOLD ETP (BOLD), that is listing around the SIX Swiss Exchange. The weighting at launch is eighteen.5% bitcoin and 81.5% gold, they added.
  • Financing and advisory company Foundry Digital and Web3 software development and talking to company Upstate Interactive jointly announced Foundry’s purchase of Upstate Interactive to have an undisclosed amount. The Upstate team will join Foundry to supply institutional services.
  • Non-fungible token (NFT) tech company CXIP Labs announced it’s elevated a USD 6.5m seed financing round co-brought by Courtside Ventures and Wave Financial. The work uses the funding to unveil Holograph, a brand new suite of NFT products for creators, developers, and enterprises.
  • Ola GG, a subDAO from the decentralized gaming guild Yield Guild Games (YGG) centered on the Spanish-speaking market, announced it’s elevated a seed investment of USD 8m. The funds will be employed to acquire yield-generating NFTs, deliver language-specific educational content, and advance the adoption of play-to-earn gaming for Spanish-speaking communities, they stated.

DeFi news

  • Crypto intelligence provider Messari mentioned that decentralized autonomous organization (DAO) treasuries cumulatively hold over USD 11bn in value. The very best 15 treasuries hold over USD 7bn together, that is about 60% of value in DAO treasuries, as the remaining 40% takes place by a large number of other DAOs holding a small amount individually.

Exchanges news

  • Bybit announced its expansion into crypto options buying and selling, contributing to its existing products of perpetual futures contracts and expiration futures contracts.
  • Crypto platform CoinList announced the launch of CoinList Digital Asset Services, that ought to eventually child custody a subset of assets on the platform.

Adoption news

  • Buenos Aires, the main city of Argentina, allows the payment of taxes using cryptoassets, Mayor Horacio Rodríguez Larreta announced. He added the city government won’t receive crypto from residents but rather Argentine pesos, via conversions to become transported out by crypto companies.
  • The Central Bank of Cuba (BCC) will issue licenses for virtual asset providers, to be shown to both natural persons and legal persons both Cuban and foreign. The approved licenses is going to be valid for just one year and could be extended for any second year, “given the experimental and novel nature of this kind of activity,” the BCC stated.
  • Web3 building platform Kyro Digital and blockchain project Kadena (KDA) announced a partnership which will see Kadena and it is new NFT standard and tooling platform, Marmalade, built-into Kyro’s platform.

Payments news

  • Digital payments network Flexa introduced Flexa Payments, some tools for retailers to simply accept crypto from the application or wallet for online, in-store, and mobile application payments.

Career news

  • Buying and selling application Robinhood announced that it’s releasing around 9% of their employees because of the have to improve efficiency while increasing velocity, they claimed. They reported a time period of hypergrowth during 2020 and also the first 1 / 2 of 2021, which brought to significant development of headcount, as the reason behind the necessity to scale lower.

Mining news

  • Bitcoin mining company Blockmetrix announced its partnership with crypto-friendly commercial bank BankProv and crypto exchange CrossTower to provide Blockmetrix having a recently elevated USD 20m debt facility to buy digital asset mining rigs.
  • Asset manager Huobi Asset Management launched an InterPlanetary File System (IPFS) infrastructure mining fund, presently open to institutional investors only. The launch is together with digital asset management platform Top Value that will function as the technical consultant for that project.
  • Bitcoin mining company Riot Blockchain announced it’s initiated a sizable-scale, 1-gigawatt development to grow its Bitcoin mining and hosting abilities in Navarro County, Texas, USA. The development has started with the introduction of a preliminary 400 megawatts of capacity on the 265-acre site, with immersion-cooled mining and hosting operations likely to commence in This summer 2023, they added.

Latest stories

You might also like...