Get the daily, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related news – investigating the tales flying individually distinct of today’s crypto news.
- Bitcoin (BTC) mining difficulty, or even the way of measuring how hard it’s to compete for mining rewards, increased 3.44% right now to 36.84 T, hitting another all-time high. This follows a significant jump seen throughout the previous adjustment: two days ago, the problem elevated by 13.55% to 35.61 T, surpassing our prime of 32.05 T recorded in mid-September.
- The Singapore High Court has ruled that non-fungible tokens (NFTs) can be viewed as property, simply because they meet four legal needs, including being distinguishable using their company similar assets. Per the judgment, NFTs “have, in recent occasions, become a very searched for-after collectors’ item. They’re, to attract an example, something like a Rolex Daytona, or perhaps a F.P. Journe, to some horology enthusiast.” The ruling was issued being an reason behind the injunction the judge granted in May stopping any potential purchase of the Bored Ape NFT.
- Columbia’s Financial Service Commission has announced new rules per that the crypto holders who’ve greater than ₩100 million ($70,000) in crypto is going to be monitored to avoid money washing along with other illicit activity, news1 reported. “Customers with large virtual asset holdings are in greater chance of money washing,” it quoted an announcement as saying. It added that stablecoins especially could be employed for criminal purposes.
- Hong Kong’s government is apparently focusing on a crypto bill that will set obvious policies to aid the market’s expansion, that is likely to be passed within the Legislative Council within the first quarter of 2023, according to China Fund News, citing Liang Hanjing, director of monetary technology at InvestHK, its government department for foreign direct investments. Based on the director, the federal government aims to “establish a licensing system for virtual asset providers (VASPs).”
- Adrian Kwiatkowski, a hacker from England who stole two unreleased songs by Erectile dysfunction Sheeran and offered them around the dark web in return for BTC, continues to be sentenced to 18 several weeks imprisonment, according towards the BBC. The 23-year-old managed to call the songs after hacking the performers’ digital accounts, coupled with made £131,000 ($148,170), it stated.
- The court has denied a motion to dismiss wire fraud and cash washing charges against Nate Chastain, former mind of product in the OpenSea NFT marketplace. Therefore, his trial will proceed.
- Brokerage application Robinhood is hiring sanctions investigators because of its finance crimes compliance unit. The position requires two-plus experience employed in financial crimes analysis, and something-plus years investigating cryptocurrency transactions, while “Chainalysis experience” is preferred, though not really a requirement.
- Digital asset security and asset transfer platform Fireblocks announced today the general public launch of their Payments Engine, that the pr release states is really a new suite of tools that will payment providers (PSPs) to supply a blockchain-agnostic, finish-to-finish solution for retailers, entrepreneurs, and creators to simply accept, manage, and settle digital asset payment transactions across any geography. Early pilot partner Checkout.com has facilitated greater than $1 billion in digital asset merchant settlements through their solution this season, and Fireblocks also welcomed a merchant acquirer FIS into its network of partners while using Payments Engine.
- Spanish cryptocurrency exchange Bit2Me has acquired blockchain and crypto-focused software development company Dekalabs to have an undisclosed amount. According towards the pr release, Dekalabs will keep its autonomy and then develop projects for others.
- Major global bank Santander has apparently launched testing of the blockchain-based tokenization platform for transferring possession of used cars for sale in South america, Cointelegraph reported. The woking platform is made to automate the entire process of transferring property registration by deploying smart contracts according to delivery versus payment (DVP).
- Blockchain development house Laguna Labs has announced the launch of their testnet for Nuon: a decentralized and overcollateralized “flatcoin”, the need for that is pegged to living costs, according to daily, on-chain inflation data, stated the pr release. Users are now able to test the Nuon minting mechanism around the protocol’s first testnet.