Get the daily, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related news – investigating the tales flying individually distinct of today’s crypto news.
- Ruja Ignatova, the founding father of the Ponzi plan OneCoin, continues to be added to Europe’s listing of popular fugitives through the Eu Agency for Police Force Cooperation (Europol). The so-known as ‘Cryptoqueen’ is suspected to be the “driving pressure and intellectual inventor” of OneCoin, which “caused investors around the globe to purchase this really useless currency,” per your opportunity. Also, an incentive as high as EUR 5,000 (USD 5,200) is provided to the crucial information resulting in an arrest from the perpetrator.
- Investment management company Universe Digital announced it’s received approval from the Board of Company directors to submit a notice towards the Toronto Stock Market to be able to purchase as much as roughly 10.6m ordinary shares (10% from the company’s public float).
- Crypto software platform Exodus reported first-quarter revenue of USD 15.4m, a loss of 35% year-over-year from Q1 2021, ending the quarter using more than USD 120m in liquid assets. The processed volume in the exchange provider was USD 730m during this period, lower 49% from USD 1.4bn in Q1 2021.
- Metaverse navigation engine project Lighthouse elevated USD 7m inside a seed round co-brought by Accel, BlockTower, and Animoca Brands. The funding will be employed to grow Lighthouse’s engineering and community teams, expand the world of worlds it partners with, and launch its platform in Summer time 2022, they added.
- Crypto-powered payments platform BVNK elevated USD 40m inside a Series A funding round brought by Tiger Global. The work states that it’s searching to help expand its senior team with hires within the product, engineering, and commercial operations.
- The Central Bank of Chile delayed its plans for any central bank digital currency (CBDC) stating that the issuance of the digital Chilean peso needs a much deeper research into the benefits and risks. The financial institution guaranteed a brand new report toward the finish of the season.
- The Bank of Israel stated it’d received public support because of its intends to possibly issue an electronic shekel on grounds it is needed the economy by supporting innovation within the payments system, per Reuters. They added they have not provided your final decision, however that the responses “indicate support for ongoing research.”
- The United States Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) unanimously dicated to start a project to examine the comprising exchange-traded digital assets and goods, the Chief executive officer of analytics platform MicroStrategy, Michael Saylor, reported inside a tweet.
- FTX.US announced it has requested a trust charter using the New You are able to Department of monetary Services to function in New You are able to and produce FTX US markets to NY users. The organization has additionally hired Marissa MacDonald for everyone becoming Chief Compliance Officer for that New You are able to Condition company.
- Bitcoin (BTC) miner Iris Energy were built with a revenue of USD 15.2m throughout the first quarter of the year, that is lower 24% from USD 20m the prior quarter, but was up greater than five-fold from USD 2.8m last year. Fiscal third-quarter adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) were USD 7.3m, falling 49% from USD 14.3m last quarter.