Get the daily, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related news – investigating the tales flying individually distinct of today’s crypto news.
Social networking news
- Decred (DCR) announced the launch of Bison Relay, referred to as a “private, censorship-resistant social networking and messaging platform that provides users child custody over their data.” Per the announcement, the woking platform offers “zero understanding communications” with finish-to-finish file encryption, server operators can’t see what users share or which chats they take part in, and users can monetize their content while using built-in Lightning Network.
- Opera announced the launch of Web3 Guard – a collection of browser security measures made to make web surfing safer for crypto users, stated a comment. A few of the primary aspects of Web3 Guard include Dapp Check, Seed Phrase Phishing Check, and Malicious Address Checker.
- Blockchain security provider OpenZeppelin announced a brand new Metaverse Security service with The Sandbox, a decentralized gaming virtual world along with a subsidiary of Animoca Brands, designed to help safeguard metaverse protocols from hacks and exploits. Per an announcement, “the cool product involves OpenZeppelin applying its real-time monitoring suite and broadcast alerts for potential threats and anomalies, whilst supplying routine codebase analysis and strengthening smart contract security.”
- T-Systems MMS, part of Deutsche Telekom, announced its participation in Chainlink Staking. Per the pr release, with this particular move, T-Systems MMS might help facilitate the actual-world adoption and growth of blockchains because it continues its support for decentralized infrastructure. It already supports Web3 by managing a Chainlink node.
- Smart contract blockchain BNB Chain stated it concluded its European Innovation Incubator using the announcement of their top three winners: Wallchain, Cashmere Labs, Cora Protocol, Vyper Protocol, AltLayer, Realfevr, and Mummy.io. Over 520 projects registered within Europe, with 31 teams selected to have fun playing the program, stated the announcement.
- Web3 data provider Covalent announced its partnership with multichain Ethereum scaling solution SKALE. Its goal would be to support rise in the Ethereum appchain (application-specific blockchain) ecosystem “by mixing SKALE’s leading network of gas-free application-chains with Covalent’s wealthy, granular, historic data free of charge,” stated the pr release.
- Curve announced it might soon be integrating with zkSync‘s 2. mainnet. “This matters since it incentivizes liquidity towards the ecosystem, users possess a spot to efficiently trade stablecoins, and enables new projects to become built on the top,” stated a comment.
- THORChain, a non-custodial decentralized native asset protocol that allows wallets, decentralized exchanges (DEXs), and users to transfer their digital assets across blockchains, has completed its integration with Trust Wallet, a self-custodial and multi-chain wallet provider. Per the announcement, THORChain has become a mix-chain swap provider within the Trust Wallet application on Android, as the support for mix-chain swaps on iOS is going to be released within the following days.
- RockX, a staking solution and institutional-grade blockchain access node provider, partnered using the decentralized Ethereum staking infrastructure ssv.network to integrate Distributed Key Generation (DKG) and Resharing Protocol into ssv.network’s Distributed Validator Technology (DVT) solution. Based on a comment, “set to produce within the first 1 / 2 of 2023, this is the very first comprehensive DVT solution that addresses security issues resulting from the updated Ethereum blockchain, whilst encouraging decentralisation over the network.”
- Trivians, a crypto-powered trivia gaming platform, announced the state launch of their no-investment play-and-earn application. “Players can also enjoy a diversity of understanding-based games and trivia buffs get rewarded with Trivian Tokens (Trivia) for each correct answer,” it stated. Quizzes and word puzzles take the type of live broadcasts, single-player and large multi-player battles royale, instant play, and scheduled tournaments, it added.
- Spaceport, a Web3 licensing protocol that enables monetization of ip, announced $3.six million in pre-seed funding brought by Arca, Decasonic, and CRIT Ventures, the investment capital arm of openly-traded game maker Com2Us, with participation from Cozomo De Medici, Diaspora Ventures, Infinity Ventures Crypto, FBG Capital, Nextview Ventures, Republic Asia, and Valhalla Ventures. They intends to make use of the funds for brand new hires, partnerships with IP holders, and work at an open launch of the products, stated the announcement.