Get the daily, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related news – investigating the tales flying individually distinct of today’s crypto news.
- A Tel Aviv court issued a ruling a week ago allowing Israel‘s government to get all of the crypto in over 150 digital wallets it had blacklisted for allegedly funding terrorist groups, a nearby Israeli media reported. Israeli Defense Minister Benny Gantz stated that, because the ruling, the government bodies grabbed $33,500 from digital wallets from the militant group Hamas.
- US Senator Sherrod Brown stated on Sunday that US federal agencies must address the cryptocurrency market and “maybe” ban it following the FTX exchange collapse, per NBC. “Maybe banning it, although banning it’s very difficult since it goes offshore and you never know how which will work. Making this an elaborate, unregulated pot of cash in a lot of ways,” Brown stated.
- The Nigerian government will quickly pass legislation which will recognize using bitcoin (BTC) along with other cryptoassets to help keep current with “global economic innovations” and “global practices”, according to Punch. “The suggested law may also define the regulatory roles from the Central Bank of Nigeria and SEC [Registration regarding digital currency,” it stated, citing Chairman from the House of Representatives Committee on Capital Market and Institutions, Babangida Ibrahim.
- OneCoin co-founder Karl Sebastian Greenwood pleaded guilty to wire fraud and cash washing charges “in reference to his participation within the massive OneCoin fraud scheme”. According towards the US Department of Justice (DoJ) pr release, Greenwood pled guilty to 1 count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud, one count of wire fraud, and something count of conspiracy to commit money washing – because both versions has a maximum potential sentence of twenty years imprisonment.
- Nicole Tatz, a lawyer for Ripple Labs’ Ceo Bradley Garlinghouse, has put on withdraw because the co-defendant’s counsel within the ongoing suit from the US Registration (SEC). Per the motion, what the law states firm Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP will “continue to become counsel of record for Bradley Garlinghouse within this action.”
- Grayscale Investments may return part of the capital of their Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC) when the US Registration (SEC) will not approve its place bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF), the Wall Street Journal reported, citing a trader letter. These options could incorporate a tender offer for approximately 20% from the outstanding shares from the $10.7 billion trust, Grayscale Leader Michael Sonnenshein stated. A young offer will make an immediate attract shareholders to sell—or tender—their shares in a specific cost throughout a certain time, it stated.
- Ren Protocol “is prone to imminently shut lower, and then any remaining assets are vulnerable to being lost,” stated they on Twitter. They added that “Ren assets have to be bridged to the particular native chains As soon as possible,” supplying a hyperlink to updates around the transition to Ren 2.. The work was acquired in 2021 through the now-collapsed buying and selling firm Alameda Research.