Get the daily, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related news – investigating the tales flying individually distinct of today’s crypto news.
- Crypto loan provider Nexo‘s Bulgarian offices happen to be raided by local police, with government bodies investigating suspected money washing, tax offenses, computer fraud, along with other violations. Over 300 people take part in the operation in Sofia, based on an announcement by the Bulgarian Prosecutor’s Office. “We will always be cooperating using the relevant government bodies and regulators, and we’re hopeful that we’ll possess some exciting news within the days in the future,” Nexo tweeted. “Unfortunately, using the recent regulatory attack on crypto, some regulators have lately adopted the kick first, inquire later approach,” it added.
- Samsung Asset Management Hong Kong (SAMHK), a subsidiary of Samsung‘s investment arm Samsung Asset Management, is placed to list out the ‘Samsung Bitcoin Futures Active ETF’ around the Hong Kong stock exchange on The month of january 13, Investing.com reported. The ETF (exchange-traded fund) has been released with the aim of tracking place bitcoin (BTC) performance by purchasing bitcoin futures products on the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME). Also, the Bitcoin futures ETF invested mainly within the CME Bitcoin Futures, alongside minor investments in CME Micro-Bitcoin Futures, it stated.
- Major investment company WisdomTree released monthly metrics for December 2022, reporting: 2022 internet inflows well over $12 billion, nearly 16% firm-wide organic growth, with internet inflows in 7 of their 8 major product groups in the past year Q4 internet inflows well over $5 billion, WisdomTree’s best quarter since 2015 and 9 consecutive quarters of internet inflows with record year-finish assets under management (AUM) of nearly $82 billion.
- Hardware wallet company Trezor possessed a 300% spike in sales as users moved their crypto towards the safety of self-child custody following a collapse of FTX and also the contagion felt by other centralized crypto exchanges, stated a comment.
- Trezor hired Matěj Žák, formerly Chief Product Officer, since it’s new Chief executive officer. Žák gets control the leadership of Trezor from co-founder Marek ‘Slush’ Palatinus, who’ll stay in the organization, assisting to advice the proper, technical and visionary direction from the business. Žák is going to be centered on improving the overall usability of Trezor’s products to assist stimulate wider crypto adoption, it added.
- Pontem, an item studio building for that Aptos ecosystem, announced that Ledger users are now able to connect with the Aptos Layer 1 blockchain and communicate with dapps on Pontem Wallet. “The integration assists you to swap APT along with other assets around the Liquidswap DEX, in addition to communicate with other dapps using Ledger hardware wallets,” stated the announcement.
- Binance announced that Binance Nordics AB was granted registration like a lender for management and buying and selling in virtual currency through the Swedish Financial Supervisory Authority (FSA). This permits Swedish residents to gain access to Binance’s crypto and Web3 services, including euro deposits and withdrawals, crypto buying with euro, buying and selling, staking, and also the Binance Visa Card.
- Ava Labs, the organization building out layer-1 blockchain Avalanche, and Amazon . com Web Services (AWS) partnered to accelerate enterprise, institutional, and government adoption of blockchain, stated a comment. AWS supports Avalanche’s infrastructure and dapp ecosystem with the AWS Marketplace, while Avalanche node operators can run in AWS GovCloud for FedRAMP compliance use cases, that is “a vital capacity along with a pre-requisite for enterprises and governments,” it stated.
- The Celo Foundation, which promotes the layer-1 Celo blockchain and it is ecosystem, unveiled its new brand identity and vision designed together with New You are able to-based agency Red Antler, alongside a number of partner launches and awareness campaigns geared toward mainstream adoption of Web3 by everyday users all over the world, stated an announcement. “The brand evolution sees planned launches from Opera, GoodDollar, as well as an NFT auction with Valora and Arigallery featuring artists from Celo’s global ecosystem,” it stated.
- Decentralized exchange (DEX) Hashflow announced the launch of their Hashverse Early Access staking, which helps token holders to stake their HFT, earn rewards, and take part in Hashflow governance in front of the full launch from the Hashverse, stated a comment. The Hashverse is Hashflow’s storyverse-driven, non-fungible token (NFT)-powered, gamified decentralized autonomous organization (DAO), likely to fully go reside in the approaching several weeks, it added.
- Quasar, a credit card applicatoin-specific capital management blockchain, elevated $5.4m USD because of its bridge round, having a $70 million valuation, brought by Shima Capital alongside Polychain Capital, Blockchain Capital, HASH CIB, and Osmosis founder Sunny Aggarwal. The brand new investment originates from Anagram, Cosmostation, Keplr, and Everstake, stated a comment. As a whole, Quasar elevated greater than $11.5 million to add mass to its interchain decentralized asset management (DAM) protocol, that is operated by IBC-enabled smart contracts along with a dedicated Cosmos appchain, it added.