Get the daily, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related news – investigating the tales flying individually distinct of today’s crypto news.
- Significant, an artist of physical cryptonotes, announced the purchase of their 5 millibit (mBTC) note, a little-denomination, fully fungible bitcoin banknote. According to an announcement, this latest bill means BTC .005, also it “makes buying crypto more familiar for individuals of every age group and backgrounds through its cash format.” All Significant cryptonotes are printed having a QR code, they added.
- US hedge fund Fir Tree Capital Management filed a suit against digital asset manager Grayscale Investments over “potential mismanagement and conflicts of interest” in the Grayscale Bitcoin Trust (GBTC), according to Bloomberg. Fir Tree, which manages $3 billion, claimed that around 850,000 retail investors have been “harmed by Grayscale’s shareholder-unfriendly actions.”
- Crypto infrastructure firm Blockstream is searching to boost funds in a valuation which may be under $1 billion (lower from $3.2 billion in 2021), Bloomberg reported, citing sources. However, Blockstream Chief executive officer Adam Back stated that the organization has elevated funds, writing: “we already elevated, tense wrong. potentially huge difference between “attempting to raise” and “elevated”.”
- The INX Digital Company, an agent-dealer and inter-dealer broker, has announced intends to fully integrate the Avalanche blockchain with INX.One, a controlled, finish-to-finish platform for listing and buying and selling both US Registration (SEC)-registered security tokens and cryptocurrencies. The Avalanche integration is scheduled to be completed this quarter, stated the pr release.
- The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) applied new limits on over-the-counter withdrawals at ₦100,000 ($225) each week for people and ₦500,000 ($1,123) for companies, consistent with “the Cashless policy from the CBN,” according to some letter to banks along with other banking institutions. Rather, individuals are advised to make use of the central bank digital currency (CBDC), the eNaira. The letter stated that buyers “should be asked to use alternative channels (online banking, mobile banking apps, USSD cards/POS, eNaira, etc.) to conduct their banking transactions.”
- Binance.US announced it had expanded its zero fee prices model to now include Ethereum (ETH), effective immediately. Free buying and selling can be obtained to any or all new and existing users on four place market pairs: ETH/USD, ETH/USDT, ETH/USDC, and ETH/BUSD. Furthermore, Binance.US is eliminating execution charges on all ETH transactions made through its Buy & Sell crypto offering, it stated.
- Bitfinex stated it grew to become the very first exchange to allow its people to deposit and withdraw tether (USDT) pegged towards the Offshore Chinese Yuan (CNHt) on TRON, a blockchain produced by the Tron Foundation. TRON may be the second blockchain which CNHt can be obtained additionally to Ethereum, it stated, adding that CNHt is based on e-commerce platforms and payment gateways.
- Digital payment platform Wirex has listed 52 new tokens on their own application, getting the entire quantity of cryptocurrencies to 130, and traditional currencies to 13, stated the pr release. Tokens is going to be available globally to customers within the Wirex application from today.
- Chipper Cash, an African mix-border payments company, has let go “a tremendous amount of Chipper staff,” Erin Fusaro, the VP of Engineering at Chipper Cash stated in a LinkedIn publish. Per TechCrunch, citing sources, greater than 50 employees were affected across multiple departments.
- The Chainlink platform announced the launch of Chainlink Staking v0.1, a cryptoeconomic security mechanism by which stakers commit LINK tokens in smart contracts to back certain performance guarantees around oracle services, stated the pr release. Early Access for Chainlink Staking v0.1 has become survive Ethereum mainnet, it stated.