Get the daily, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related news – investigating the tales flying individually distinct of today’s crypto news.
- Online hackers have stolen user and vehicle-sales data in the Chinese electric-vehicle maker Nio and therefore are blackmailing the organization, requesting $2.25 million in bitcoin (BTC) to acquire not releasing the information, Bloomberg reported, citing the automaker. The organization added it had reported the incident to regulators and promised to consider responsibility for just about any potential damages to customers.
- Peer-to-peer crypto marketplace Paxful removed ethereum (ETH) from the platform, with Chief executive officer Ray Youssef writing on Twitter: “We finally kicked ethereum off our marketplace. 11.6m humans safer. Integrity over revenue.” His statement reported several concerns concerning the project, like a insufficient security and decentralization.
- Decentralized exchange (DEX) Uniswap partnered with crypto payments startup MoonPay to allow users to purchase crypto around the Uniswap Web Application utilizing a charge card, bank card, or bacs. Per the bulletins, users can convert from fiat to crypto onto Ethereum mainnet, Polygon, Optimism, and Arbitrum, and begin swapping “in minutes”.
- Decentralized hedging protocol Nami Insurance launched the ‘Proof of Concept’ which they say “proves the practicality and functionality from the first cryptocurrency insurance product in Vietnam.” Per the pr release, this is actually the to begin Nami Insurance’s four phases of construction.
- Swarm, the decentralized storage and communication system built on Ethereum (ETH), announced the mainnet discharge of its storage incentives program, a mechanism to reward storage providers, which now incorporates staking, stated a comment. This program is available to the Swarm community and anybody prepared to share spare space for storage and a web connection, it added, as the dollars, by means of Swarm’s utility token (BZZ), is going to be distributed among storage operators in return for their participation.
- US neobank Cogni announced its integrated, noncustodial wallet, the Multi-Chain Wallet. It supports Binance, Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, Solana, along with other blockchains, also it accommodates non-fungible tokens (NFTs) on all supported blockchains, it stated. Users can send, receive, and store cryptocurrencies and NFTs to simply readable wallet addresses while using Unstoppable Domains integration, it added.
- Major Bitcoin miner Core Scientific declared Chapter 11 personal bankruptcy protection within the Southern District of Texas, USA, Bloomberg Law reported, citing a filing. Believed debts and assets are each between $1 billion and $10 billion, it added.
- Hong Kong-based crypto buying and selling firm Auros stated it’s joined right into a liquidation process after battling to pay for creditors following a implosion from the FTX exchange. It had been granted a “light touch” provisional liquidation application through the British Virgin Islands Court recently to be able to explore restructuring options after it “found itself ready where immediate liquidity was inadequate to fulfill recalls from lenders,” it described.
- Flux, a builder of decentralized infrastructure to power Web3 development, announced a partnership with OVHcloud, a eu cloud provider, to grow its edge cloud solution options. Per the pr release, their bond “will enable each company to grow its achieve into formerly untapped markets – Web3 for OVHcloud and Web2 for Flux.”
- Australian crypto exchange Swyftx and share buying and selling platform Super hero canceled their planned merger among intensifying regulatory scrutiny, the Australian Financial Review reported. Swyftx will sell Super hero to its founders, John Winters and Wayne Baskin, and also the consortium of initial investors.
- The Hashgraph Association, the Swiss-headquartered non-profit association supporting adoption from the Hedera network, announced the onboarding and qualification well over 35 projects set to get grant funding and expert coaching to build up Hedera-powered solutions with the Hashgraph Innovation Program. Participating projects will build up solutions in DeFi, stablecoins, gaming, metaverse, NFTs, DAOs, Web3, tokenization, etc., stated a comment. Working out and innovation program premiered through the Association in April, in close collaboration using the Swiss Digital Assets Institute (SDAI).
- Bitcoin miner CleanSpark announced that it is bitcoin mining hashrate arrived at 6 EH/s, a 3-fold rise in twelve months. Chief executive officer Zach Bradford stated that “this achievement is within part because of a few of the machines that people were hosting for Mawson being moved out sooner than anticipated.”