Get the daily, bite-sized digest of cryptoasset and blockchain-related news – investigating the tales flying individually distinct of today’s crypto news.
- Russia’s greatest bank Sber announced that it is proprietary blockchain platform is going to be suitable for Ethereum (ETH). Developers can freely transfer smart contracts and whole projects between your bank’s blockchain network and Ethereum.
- The DFINITY Foundation, the not-for-profit adding to the introduction of the Internet Computer (IC) blockchain, announced the web Computer’s mainnet integration with Bitcoin (BTC), getting advanced smart contract functionality towards the world’s largest crypto, stated the announcement. The Web Computer are now able to function as a Layer 2 for Bitcoin where smart contracts on the web Computer holds, send, and receive BTC natively, without resorting to blockchain bridges or any other organizations.
- Principals in the Partisia Blockchain Foundation, the business behind an online-privacy blockchain infrastructure, can look using the Worldwide Committee from the Red Mix (ICRC) tomorrow in Paris because of its first Hackathon, the PartiHack, to provide the prototype of the blockchain-based system “aimed at demonstrating this technology might be utilized in conflict zones in which a high amount of privacy and knowledge protection is needed.” The pr release mentioned the stablecoin the 2 organizations are developing will “pilot a different way of supplying support to victims of armed conflict and violence by mixing the benefits of public blockchains using the privacy protections” of Partisia Blockchain’s multi-party computation technology.
- The Australian Securities Exchange (ASX) will chop up to 200 contractors who have been focusing on incorporating blockchain technology into its CHESS clearing and settlement system after canceling the overhaul, Reuters reported. The ASX had as many as about 300 people focusing on the now-canceled project, which one-third were permanent staff and 2-thirds were contractors and consultants, it stated, citing a spokesperson.
- Exclusive Automotive Group (EAG), a factory-approved dealer for Aston Martin, Bentley Motors, Koenigsegg, and Karma Automotive, announced that it’s accepting cryptocurrency for payment for products or services from BitPay, a service provider of crypto payment services. “Exclusive Automotive Group’s capability to accept cryptocurrency enables the casino dealer to take advantage of the massive crypto marketplace and attract new clients,” it stated.
- The Solana-based automated market maker Orca has integrated using the payments firm Stripe for fiat-onramps. According for an announcement, a fiat-to-crypto onramp continues to be built within the Orca UI through integration with Link, built by Stripe. New podmates are now able to convert fiat currency to crypto, with no need to buy crypto on other exchanges first, it stated.
- The blockchain technology provider Venly stated that it’s certainly one of 16 companies to pilot Stripe’s new fiat-to-crypto onramp. Per a comment, this integration allows purchases to make with Venly Wallet via Stripe’s onramp, and it’ll also lower the barriers to entry for users.
- The Financial Authority of Singapore (MAS) grants a licence to MetaComp to supply digital payment token services like a Major Payment Institution. Per the pr release, effective December 2022, MetaComp continues to be granted license underneath the Payment Services Act, enabling it to provide an finish-to-finish suite of digital asset services to corporates, in addition to traditional and crypto-native institutional investors.
- Mike Novogratz’s Universe Digital has won a bidding to purchase self-child custody platform GK8 in the bankrupt crypto loan provider Celsius Network, the firm stated. The the deal weren’t disclosed.
- Web3 developer platform Fleek stated it elevated $25 million in Series A funding, brought by Polychain Capital, with participation by Protocol Labs, Arweave, Coinbase Ventures, Digital Currency Group, North Island Ventures, Distributed Global, The LAO, and Argonautic Ventures. Per a comment, the funds is going to be allotted toward developing and launching Fleek Network, a decentralized content and application delivery network, scheduled for launch in 2023.
- THORWallet announced the collaboration with Maya Protocol, a decentralized liquidity network in line with the Cosmos SDK operated by its native gold coin CACAO, also is an amiable fork from the decentralized liquidity network THORChain. Per the announcement, the work will initially offer non-custodial, permissionless mix-chain swaps between native assets across Bitcoin, Ethereum, and THORChain.
- The Graph, a decentralized protocol accustomed to index Web3 data, is adding support for Polygon (MATIC) around the Graph Network. Polygon users will quickly have the ability to depend on fully decentralized APIs to power their decentralized applications (dapps), stated the announcement.
- A few of the greatest names in American fashion became a member of hands using the Council of favor Designers of the usa (CFDA), The Sandbox, Polygon Studios, and Completely New Vision (BNV) to celebrate six decades from the fashion institution and “light the road toward the way forward for fashion in web3 & the metaverse,” stated an announcement. Seven designer brands – Coach, Michael Kors, Wes Gordon for Carolina Herrera, Diane von Furstenberg, Tommy Hilfiger, Vivienne Tam, and Willy Chavarria – will each produce a non-fungible token (NFT) with connected utility, offered by 12 December, 1 week prior to the exhibition opens.